Monday, May 21, 2007

Guerrillas In Our Midst

Because I have never left my high school mentality of needing to know what people are saying about me I tend to Google "brookline booksmith" fairly often to see what pops up. Today Google Blog Search brought up the blog for these folks, the Guerilla Poetics Project (Perhaps part of the guerrilla nature of the group is to misspell guerrilla? Just wondering). It seems we have been targeted for guerrilla poetry, which I personally think is super-cool and makes me want to forget work and go through all our fiction and poetry to see if an operative has hidden any other gems. I read some of the broadsides online, and am impressed not only by the poetry (though I can't say I love them all, but I guess that's the prerogative of the artists' recipient) but the aesthetics of the prints as well. Now that I have outed them I'm afraid these little presents will disappear. Especially since I might represent the oppressive system. Secret operative, please keep hiding poems in our books! Stuff like this makes me love the possibilities of literature.

6 comments:

janet said...

is it part of the guerrilla nature of your blog to mispell "though"?

Lori said...

i just want to state for the record that i caught that typo before i saw your comment. i just had to have the last word there for pride's sake.

christopher cunningham said...

er, "guerilla" is an acceptable spelling of the word, and what sets us apart is how "kickass" we are;)

guerilla

see: variant

thanks for the good words, however they're spelled...

Casey Rearick said...

HEY! guerilla IS spelled right!!!

it's a variant of guerrilla.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/guerilla

sorry, i'ma smart-ass. ;)

H. said...

I don't think you'll get rid of us that easy. Glad you like the idea. Always a gamble leaving our broadsides--we hope that most bookstores appreciate what we're up to, but it's possible that we'll upset some folks. Thanks for the kind words, as lovers of the written word we actually are all on the same team...

Luis said...

at least it was not spelled
gorilla poetics project...

i would have been voted down