Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Jamie's "Resolutions"

While I'm not a fan of New Year's resolutions as I break them immediately, I'm making a few of my own this year that I promise to keep.

JAMIE'S NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS
1. Continue with my occasional habit of reading so far into the night that I fall asleep with a book on my face and wake up at 4am with the lights on
2. Continue using receipts, pay stubs, and financial documents as bookmarks so when tax time comes around I can cobble together my finances by recalling which book I was reading and when
3. Continue gathering books on my nightstand like a fiend, as my tottering and ever fluctuating bedside pile is a great place to remember where I put my iPad super safely
4. Continue using other books to weigh down the book I'm reading while I'm eating breakfast and another book to prop it up slightly
5. Continue purchasing giant over-sized books and bookshelves to house the giant over-sized books I acquired and then smaller books to fill in the shelves the over-sized books cannot fit in

and most importantly:

6. Continue being unaware of my somewhat questionable habits and blissfully read into 2014

Happy New Year!

No comments: