Monday, December 31, 2012

Apparently, you guys like YA-adult crossovers. And Boston. And also other stuff.

Before Alie worked her computer magic to calculate the kids' bestsellers of 2012, I told Tess that I would figuratively eat my hat if the top 6 weren't the Hunger Games trilogy, Make Way for Ducklings in hardcover and paperback, and the latest Diary of a Wimpy Kid book. And then we looked at the list.

1. The Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins
2.Catching Fire, by Suzanne Collins
3. Mockingjay, by Suzanne Collins
4. Zolocolor: Doodling Between Black and White, by Byron Glaser
5. Make Way for Ducklings, by Robert McCloskey (paperback)
6. The Duckling Gets a Cookie?!, by Mo Willems
7. Make Way for Ducklings, by Robert McCloskey (hardcover)
8. Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Third Wheel, by Jeff Kinney
9. Good Night Boston, by Adam Gamble
10. The Fault in Our Stars, by John Green
11. Library Lion, by Michelle Knudsen
12. Goodnight, Goodnight, Construction Site, by Sherri Duskey Rinker
13. The Phantom Tollbooth, by Norton Juster
14. The Lightning Thief, by Rick Riordan
15. The Mark of Athena, by Rick Riordan
16. The Very Hungry Caterpillar, by Eric Carle
17. Harold and the Purple Crayon, by Crockett Johnson
18. Divergent, by Veronica Roth
19. The Perks of Being a Wallflower, by Stephen Chbosky
20. Goodnight Moon, by Margaret Wise Brown
21. 642 Things to Draw, by Chronicle Books
22. I Want My Hat Back, by Jon Klassen
23. Where the Wild Things Are, by Maurice Sendak
24. Good Night, Gorilla, by Peggy Rathmann
25. The Snowy Day, by Ezra Jack Keats

I'm very glad I said "figuratively," because I'd want my hat back.

Happy New Year!

No comments: